博士班找指導教授 Dissertation Advisor of Ph.D. Student
1. A student is required to have a dissertation supervisor before the end of the second semester after admission. Otherwise, an explanation form must be filled in before the start of the second year, and the student must give an oral explanation at the first academic committee meeting at the start of the second year. If the academic committee concludes that the student does not fit into the PhD program of the department, the student will be dismissed from the school.
2. The dissertation supervisor must be a full-time or a joint faculty member of the department with a rank of assistant professor or higher.
3. A students may apply to have a co-supervisor with a rank of assistant professor or higher.
4. Application for a co-supervisor from another department or another university can be made from the second semester of PhD studies onward. Only upon the approval by both the dissertation supervisor and the department chair shall the co-supervision begin.
5. Changing Dissertation Supervisor
(1) A student cannot change supervisor within one year before graduation.
(2) A student who would like to change supervisor must submit written agreements from both the current and the new supervisors to the department office for record.